Friday, July 15, 2011

Elphaba!

My new nickname is now Elphaba..Just kidding. After two days of bagging cut grass by hand I have turned green. Thankfully, ample soap and water have turned me back to my pasty pale self.

It has been a great week. I love working with the kiddos at IR. I got to help with a group of 4-5 year old boys and girls and they were adorable. At one point they were playing 2v2 to small goals and one of the teams had a really little girl and a bigger boy who was dominating the game. After a few minutes he stopped trying to score and did whatever he could to get her to score. It was precious. There are two boys who are 8 and love coming to my goalkeeper sessions. They made me feel so awesome this week because everyday they asked if they got to train with me, when I said I didn't know they went and begged the youth director and their coach to let me do a gk session with them. It is always more fun when you know they are enjoying it as much as I am...I will definitely miss these kids.

I am busy planning my mom and dad's visit. So excited to show them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment