Monday, August 1, 2011

Better late than never (right Tracy?)

Well, I haven't posted in two weeks. OOPS.

Not much has happened the past two weeks, just work, coaching, and practice. We did win our first game last week. It was 2-1. The goal they scored was a deflection off one of my players and I almost had it.

I helped out at Rey Cup. It is a large tournament and I was there all day everyday for about 8 hours. I was in charge of warming up IR goalkeepers. We had several teams competing, but I helped out with 3. Overall all of our teams did pretty well. The last night of the tournament they had a huge barbecue for all the participants. There were hamburgers, grilled lamb, and grilled pork but no hot dogs. The lamb was delicious. After that my team had a party and went downtown. It was a lot of fun hanging out with the girls away from soccer.

In just a few days my mom and dad are coming for a visit and I couldn't be more excited. We are going to do a lot of exploring, mainly up North, and also give whale watching another go. Hopefully we get to see some Humpback whales for my mom's sake. We are also gonna go arctic rafting, snowmobiling on a glacier, horseback riding, and drive the Golden Circle one last time. It is gonna be awesome.

I am headed back to the states on August 18th. Still working out details, looking for a job and housing.

Everything in Iceland has been such an awesome adventure and experience of a lifetime. I am so thankful that I had this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment