Tuesday, June 28, 2011

London!!!!

Last weekend was jam packed with excitement. Friday we had a game and weren't able to go to sleep until 1 in the morning. We had to wake up at 5 a.m. so we could drive to the airport and make our flight. We arrived in Gatwick at around noon caught the train to London and took the Underground in search of The Who Shop. unfortunately when we put in the address into Google Maps it sent us to the wrong place, so we tried again and it gave us the wrong directions again. We ended up walking 2 hours and took a bus only to find out it was like a block from where we had started. It was worth it though. The Who Shop is awesome and was a lot of fun. After that we headed to Leilani's house (Tinna's RA from college). From there we headed to the O2 for the Glee concert. Fan-freaking-tastic is all I can say about Glee. It was awesome and was such a wonderful experience.
Sunday we ventured out to a Wine and Tapas festival near the Tower Bridge. I got to sample wines from the Rioja region of Spain and this awesome Rice dish with chorizo, ribs, and some other meat and pepper that I didn't recognize. Everything was delicious.

One of my favorite things to watch on the History Channel when I was younger was all about the Tower of London so I had to go. It was so cool and it was great to see it in person.
All in all the trip was a great success. I hope to go back when I have more than just 30 hours.

I have a lot of photos to post, but the internet connection has slowed down so I will post them next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment