Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Walters WO"MAN" trip.

While the Walters' men are off on their "Man" trip in Florida, the Walters' Women came to visit me in Iceland. They have been here for three days so far and we have packed the days full of adventures.

The first adventure was finding their luggage. Somewhere along the way Delta lost their bags and they had to be re-routed through Amsterdam and arrived Sunday night. Sunday morning we woke up and went to wander around Downtown Reykjavik and look at shops. We had got hot dogs at the world famous hot dog stand at the harbor and then headed to a lobster soup lunch. Both were delicious and it was time to head home so that we could get ready for our game vs. the Greenland National team. Didn't know they had a national team, but did find out that they aren't even recognized by FIFA. They were not very good, and it was a pretty boring game. In the second half I punted a ball straight down the middle and one of our forwards got a toe on it and scored. My coach had thought I got the goal because he didn't see her touch it. Either way I was pumped. Then with about 10 minutes left in the game Greenland got a PK. My teammates were being very encouraging saying, "you got it." I was nervous as usual when it comes to PK's but she hit it directly at me. I guess I was intimidating. (hahaha) After the game we came back to the apartment to wait for luggage and Tinna picked up pizza for us. Her mom joined us for dinner and we had a great time chatting. I made a meringue that is very popular here. It took me two tries to get it right, and the final product still needed some help with the finishing touches but it tasted great.

Monday morning we set off for the golden circle. We saw the same sights I mentioned last time I went to the golden circle and had a blast. We got home in time for soccer practice. While we were practicing mom and Erin stayed at the apartment and made us hamburgers. We left practice 15 minutes early, rushed home to change and eat our burgers, and then sped downtown to make our whale watching tour. It was a lot of fun, but not very successful. We did see a few whales, but only their fins as they came up for air and dove back down.

Today was our trip to the Blue Lagoon. It was incredible. We all enjoyed in water massages and facials and just floated around for a while. On the way home we stopped for gelato and then had Indian food from my favorite restaurant here, Saffran.

Tomorrow we are headed to museums.

No comments:

Post a Comment