Friday, June 17, 2011

Update

Growing up, my dad wouldn't ever let me mow the lawn because he was scared I would get hurt and I need all my toes and fingers so I can play soccer. This week I had to mow all the grass around the club and there are rocks everywhere in Iceland. Every time I hit a rock I was scared to death that it was going to fly up and hit me in the eye. Luckily that didn't happen. Mowing is not fun and I have knots in my forearms. I can't wait until Tuesday at the Blue Lagoon. We have booked massages and I couldn't need one more.

I got a "new" (to me) bike from IR and it is great, although the seat could be a little more comfortable, but that is just typical of a bike seat. It is a man's bike and I have to lower the seat all the way because I am short, and it probably should be a little lower. I am just thankful I don't have to walk to work and I get in a little extra exercise which is nice.


My Mom and Sister get in tomorrow night and I couldn't be happier. I am so excited to see them and show them how amazing Iceland is. We have a lot of fun activities planned and I will post pictures later. We are going on a whale watching tour, driving the golden circle, taking advantage of the spa at the Blue Lagoon, and spending some time in Downtown Reykjavik.


Tinna has a friend in London who had 2 extra tickets to see Glee live, so on the 25th we are catching a flight and going to the concert. I am SO EXCITED. It is such a great opportunity and I am so grateful to my parents for letting me go. I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment