Sunday, May 15, 2011

Adventure #1!

Yesterday I arrived in Reykjavik and met my roommate Tinna.  After arriving I took a much needed nap and woke up to the sound of cheering. Tinna was watching the Premier League match Blackburn vs. Man United. She is a major Man United fan and very excited that they got the point they needed to win for 19th time.

Adventure #1: Tinna needed to go help her mom at their summer home and asked if I wanted to go along. She said it was about 45 minutes away and I would get to see some of the countryside. So I said yes. As soon as we get in the car she asks if I like Glee. The first thing that went through my mind is that this is going to be awesome. So I said "of course, It is my favorite show." We listened and sang along to a play list of Glee, Pink, ADELE, and a few Icelandic songs. I also found out that she loves musicals. It couldn't get any better. Glee, Pink, ADELE, and musicals are a few of my favorite things.

On the way we stopped at a volcanic crater lake, Kerið. It was beautiful.

We arrived at the summer cabin and found out that the water pipe had burst and tried to fix that with no success. There were a few other things to help with and then we headed back to Reykjavik. It was a beautiful drive.

We picked up dinner at a kind of food court/gas station. They had this place called Serrano. It was like Chipotle and was good but not as good.

Last night was a big night for television in all of Europe. They have this song contest called Eurovision. Countries enter a song and it is voted on. There are a few rounds but last night was the finals and Iceland had made it too the top 25. I only made it to song 10 before I had to go to sleep at like 8 o'clock.

4 comments:

  1. Miss you already. I heard someone dies on the glee finale. any guesses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic that Tinna likes Glee et al. Are they behind in getting the new episodes or up to date? Sounds like you are settling in well, which is good to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin: No guesses. I am nervous though. It can't be someone too serious because this is a comedy.


    Ryan: Yes they are a week behind, but Tinna usually downloads the episodes on Wednesday because she can't wait until Monday the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know, so that I'll know to not say anything for at least a day. Imagine how fun it'd be to call you up and be like "Quinn got shot by Rachel after Finn started dating Kurt!"

    ReplyDelete