Thursday, May 26, 2011

Burrrrrrr.

Well I guess it goes with out saying that Iceland is cold.

I started working this week. I get to work with the goalkeepers during their team training and after 3 groups it is time for my team's practice.

Yesterday was a clinic and I got there early to help with set up. There were some cool drills set up for the kids. Timed drills, a goal with a radar gun to show them how fast the ball goes after the kick it, soccer tennis, and my favorite, a Bicycle kick station with a huge pad for them to land on. The clinic lasted 3 hours and they had hot dogs for everyone. Although it wasn't on of the "best hot dogs in the world" from the harbor, it was definitely better than any hot dog I have ever had. I am not the best judge, though, it has probably been 10 years since I last had one.

This week has been unusually cold for May, and today was no exception. It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been Oklahoma status windy and Seattle status rainy. I thought riding a bike with flat tires was hard, but riding against crazy wind, uphill in the rain is not much fun either. The only positive thing about today's trip was that it didn't take as long as it did with the flat tires.

Once the first practice started it took about 30 minutes before I was completely soaked. I didn't get warm again until 8 pm. So for about 4 hours I was freezing. I told my teammates that I couldn't feel my face and that I needed to buy some warmer clothes. I had on four layers.

If it sounds like I am complaining I am sorry, I'm just trying to explain everything but it was fun and I had a great attitude the whole time.

We have a game tomorrow and a 3.5 hour drive to get there.

Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment