Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Practice

Yesterday, I was giving a quick tour of downtown Reykjavik. Yes Dad I did find out where the famous hot dog stand is. Then it was off to the club to meet the coach before practice and try on some gear to get my name and number screen printed on. My coaches name is Bjartur and every time I try and pronounce it correctly I fail miserably. I think I will stick with "coach." There are several girls on the team whose names I can't pronounce either. We are going to have to find nicknames. Practice went really well. It reminded me a lot of club practice back in Edmond. It was great! We started out with a long warmup of jogging, sprints, passing exercise, and "windows" while the men's team finished up practicing. Then we moved onto the field and played possession trying to pass between small goals set up all over the field. After that we played 6v6 to goals with only two touches and finished with free play. Overall, It was a nice easy practice because our first game is on Wednesday. The coach and the girls are great and very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment