Thursday, May 19, 2011

Game 1, etc.

Yesterday was our first game. It was a part of the Valitor Cup and is a single elimination tournament. We lost 1-0. There were a lot of little mistakes made by everyone, myself included. It is an interesting feeling being in the locker room before the game, at half time, and after the game and having no clue what is being said. I am starting to get used to it though.

One of the players on the other team is from Kentucky. I got a chance to talk with her a little and she has been in Iceland since February. It was nice to meet someone going through the same thing as me with a little more experience.

We got today off, but start practice again on Friday and Saturday to get ready for league play which starts on Sunday. I get to start work on Monday, but I am not 100% sure what I will be doing. I do know that for 2 hours a week I will work with a group of younger goalkeepers, 10-14 years old. I am really excited to get to do some more coaching and thankfully this age group is really good at speaking English.

I was told that the Men's team has a goalkeeper trainer and that I will get to go to their sessions. I am really excited to get to train with them.

Today is Game 2 OKC Thunder vs. Dallas Mavericks and I need everyone to cheer extra loud for OKC. The game is on at 2 a.m. here and it will be really hard for me to stay awake for the whole game. So it's time for everyone to RISE TOGETHER!

Love you all, and GO THUNDER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment